Last day! Take 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go grant some wishes » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

What is the oven temperature for Erin Mcdowell's ciabatta?

There seem to be some big differences between the article's suggestions and the actual recipe. The article says move dough to an oiled bowl and let rise; the recipe skips this step and goes straight to forming loaves and letting them rise. The recipe says to use a baking stone - no mention in the article. And nowhere is there a suggested temperature for the oven. I can reference other recipes to find answers, but it seems as if some clarification is needed in the recipe.

asked by Bunnee Butterfield over 2 years ago
8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Here's an excerpt from the article that gives the oven temp and references the baking stone "Make your oven hot, and enlist help to do it. I put the ciabatta on a baking sheet for ease, but I still place that sheet on a baking stone to ensure even baking and a crisp bottom crust. Place the baking stone on a rack in the top third of the oven and turn the temperature up -- way up. I start at 475° F. If the loaf is browning too quickly, I lower the temperature to 400° F during baking."
Here's the link:
https://food52.com/blog...

Aa6e8268 2564 4ed0 9d71 7684a15e1b04  untitled
Julie Myers

Julie is an Editorial Assistant at Food52.

Hi there! Sorry for the confusion. The recipe should be updated to address these questions now.