A question about a recipe: Black Bean Orange Peel Edamame

12dd1cd0 618f 454f 80a4 6a2a4578ecac  20

I have a question about the recipe "Black Bean Orange Peel Edamame" from savorthis. Can I substitute miso for the fermented black beans if I'm unable to find them? Thank you!

asked by alextillotson almost 2 years ago

savorthis

Miso could give it a nice, rounded flavor, but there is something really different about the black beans. I have also used the jarred sauce versions that might be easier to find- typically they have a black bean garlic sauce- in which case I use a bit less garlic.

alextillotson

Thank you, that's great advice. My market does carry the black bean garlic sauce, so I will try that instead! I appreciate your quick response!

Because black bean sauce is liquid, it will change the recipe and texture. I broke down and ordered some black beans from Amazon and I'm so glad I did. If you think you'd use them in other recipes as well as this one, it's well worth it.

These are my favorite and recommended by Woks Of Life.

https://www.amazon.com...

alextillotson

Thank you Susan! I appreciate it!