🔕 🔔

I just cut up some small potatoes and added olive oil without thinking. I'm serving roasted potatoes for dinner (it's 11 am now and dinner is at 6:30) can I keep them in a ziploc with garlic and roast later or should I roast now and reheat later?

asked by Elyssa about 1 year ago

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

Sure, why not? It would be better to reserve the garlic if it's not too late- cut garlic doesn't age at all well.

Thanks but Sure roast now or ziploc and roast later? I'm concerned about the potatoes oxidizing and turning brown......and the I already put the garlic in there too. 😬

The olive oil will stop the potatoes from oxidizing. The garlic will be fine. Toss it all into a Ziploc and squeeze the air out.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Elyssa, you can do either -- ziplock with oil and garlic now, and roast later (I think this would be my choice). Or roast now and gently reheat, uncovered, in the oven later!