🔕 🔔

Does anyone have a recipe for Creole Mustard? I checked online but came up with very different results. I have a new cookbook and a few recipes call for it but they never printed the recipe for it. Thanks Pickles!

asked by KitchVega over 6 years ago
E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Zatarain's is a popular brand of Creole mustard. The ingredients are water, vinegar, brown mustard seed, salt and xanthum gum. Some people take regular brown mustard and add Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco to it. I usually have Zatarain's in the house, but if I don't I'll substitute a coarse grainy Dijon mustard. I've never made it, though. Hope this helps.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

I once searched for a recipe and came up dry -- it seems to be limited to commercial sources, and no one has been clever enough to do a knock-off.