Does this recipe work without the mustard? If not, how do I fix it?

A household member, who shall remain nameless, helped me prepare a large batch of chicken according to the following recipe by making the marinade and putting it over the chicken to marinade. However, they forgot the mustard. I now have about five lbs of raw, chicken thighs marinated in said mustard-less recipe, and as I see it, a few options: 1) put it in the oven as is - it will taste different but maybe still good/edible; 2) drizzle mustard over it (the suggestion of the helpful-but-absent-minded household member); or 3) make a new marinade and marinate the chicken a second time.

Here is the recipe: https://paleoleap.com/mustard....

I would love suggestions and thoughts. Thanks!

asked by Brooklynite 6 months ago

I think it will be good without the mustard. It will also be good if you slathered a little mustard on before cooking, and since I really like mustard with chicken, that might be what I did. I certainly wouldn’t start over with a new marinade, this is not a big failure at all.

Brooklynite

I followed your instructions and it came out pretty well. Not quite as tasty as normal, but per @HalfPint's point about acids tenderizing the meat, probably better than any other alternative I had at that point. Thanks!

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Greenstuff's idea would work . Another option is make a dressing with the Dijon, olive oil and lemon and drizzle over the chicken after its done. Either way you are fine. I'm sure it will be fine without mustard , but like Greenstuff , I like chicken /mustard combo.