🔕 🔔

help! My apple crisp is completely dry

I did everything I usually do. Is there any way to fix it?

asked by BreadandButter 11 months ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

So sad. I think I'd probably serve it warm over ice cream or a pool of heavy cream. (the cream will provide moisture) Or layer it with whipped cream and call it a trifle.

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I agree with Barbara...ice cream, ice cream, ice cream.

Yep..ice cream and/or whipped cream will solve that stat!

2487144e c60d 4bdc b4cc 4af767a9ad96  img 6405

Ice cream or whipped cream are great fixes. I would recommend to peeling and slice an apple, cook it with a cinnamon stick in apple juice (if no juice is available, use a cup of water with a quarter cup sugar) until the apples are just tender. Spoon over the crisp and use some of the 'syrup' that is left in the pan. You can remove the apples and cook the water/sugar done for a more concentrated syrup.

That should read, "cook the water/sugar DOWN for a more concentrated syrup."

Bb8eebca 137f 4c7a b30f f248fff3f3af  recentpic

buy a can of dulce de leche from the store and warm it up pour over the top.

Id make a caramel sauce to go over it and of course the Ice Cream!

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

I've been poking around for an apple bar recipe that's not too wet (OK, using Honeycrisp apples wasn't the best idea)- maybe we can find a middle ground. In the mean time, got milk? Most of the suggestions here involve large additions of sugar or fat or both, which you may not want (at any rate no one suggested dousing it with salt)- microwaving for a few seconds before serving could help.