Spring, meet grill pan—on sale for $99! Shop now »

A question about a recipe: Cider-Braised Pork Shoulder with Caramelized Onion and Apple Confit

3482adfb 359f 47cf 9392 a94ce0a81e77  2016 1004 cider braised pork shoulder bobbi lin 446

I have a question about the recipe "Cider-Braised Pork Shoulder with Caramelized Onion and Apple Confit" from TasteFood. Can I make this recipe on Sunday and serve it on Wednesday?

asked by Diane 5 months ago

Sure. I made it on a Sunday and ate it throughout the week. As with many dishes of this type it was better on day two, and was just as good at the end of the week. There will be some hardened fat on the surface when chilled, but it'll melt right back in if you don't remove it. I had a larger shoulder and cut the meat into a several pieces for cooking, so reheating didn't take too long.