Could you clarify that dry brining a frozen Butterball turkey should take place for the last 24 hours only?

I have a frozen Butterball injected with a saline solution. I don't want it to be too salty.

1 Comment

Susan W November 20, 2016

I don't think you should dry brine a turkey that has already been injected with a saline solution. It has, essentially, already been brined.

C Sangueza
C Sangueza November 20, 2016

My instinct is to agree with Susan W and it seems like I read that somewhere - however when I looked at the comments about the Judy bird on the Food 52 site Frank seems to be the expert and he says you can do it.
Good luck

C Sangueza
C Sangueza November 20, 2016

Good luck

Susan W November 20, 2016

It's Serious Eats and I thought Russ Parsons that says not to brine a kosher or injected bird, but maybe Frank is on to something.