I am making Cipolline in Agrodolce, but would like to make it ahead of time. Can I do that for this recipe and how many days ahead (1 or 2?)

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323894704578114852049220848

asked by Mari Cross almost 2 years ago

Ali Slagle

I think you could totally make this a day or two ahead! (I made my agrodolce for Thanksgiving over the weekend...)

Michael Hoffman
Michael Hoffman

Food52 Alum

You should absolutely be able to make this ahead. I made Merrill's Tuscan Onion Confit (https://food52.com/recipes...) on Sunday and plan to serve it on Thanksgiving.

Deborah Madison
Deborah Madison

Deborah is a long-time speaker for the vegetable side of the plate and author of The New Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone.

I too think you can make your onions a day or two ahead. Just don't cook them all the way through so that when you rewarm them they won't get mushy!

Ali Slagle

Hi Deborah!!!

Shoot! I think you could have gotten by with making this a week ahead!