🔕 🔔

Can I cook 2 loaves of bread at the same time?

I am using the ATK almost no-knead recipe. You place the bread (in dutch oven) into a cold oven, and turn it on/start the timer. Can I cook 2 loaves simultaneously, or will this change the preheating of the oven too much?

asked by Peter Kirschmann 9 months ago

0fecd8f8 6ef1 4649 9f57 83bf4668f3d0  3572
Erin McDowell

Erin is a baking aficionado, writer, stylist, and Test Kitchen Manager at Food52. She is currently writing a cookbook.

It shouldn't effect the temperature too much - but I would take care to make sure there's room for both Dutch ovens comfortably. They can probably even touch, if needed - but if one is located closer to the base or rear of the oven and the other is towards the top or front, they may bake unevenly. If they both fit comfortably, try rotating the pans once or twice during baking!

Thanks Erin!