For the Porchetta by Sarah Jenkins,

the skin is not getting crispy but is brown and cooked to temperature. Is there a way to crisp the skin?

• Posted by: kate
  • November 23, 2016

Virginia Willis
Virginia Willis November 23, 2016

Hey Kate - Maybe pop it under the broiler -- or even try a blowtorch?!

kate
kate November 23, 2016

Thank you, we unfortunately do not have a torch and our broiler is a little too small for our 14 pounds of shoulder but will now consider adding a blowtorch to the kitchen! Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving :)

Rebecca Salisbury
Rebecca Salisbury November 23, 2016

Hey there Kate! Though I've not made this exact recipe before, I have dealt with my fair share of un-crispy skin. I would, in this case, turn the oven up to a higher temperature (500 degrees) and roast until the skin is evenly blistered and crispy; about 5-7 minutes. Keep an eye on this though, you want to avoid letting it burn!

kate
kate November 23, 2016

Thank you! This seems to be the best solution to our porchetta problem! Much appreciation for saving our 20 person Thanksgiving eve Feast of Friends! Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving :)