🔕 🔔

I'm making Frozen Oreo Pie. The recipe calls for 2-3 hours chilling in the freezer but can we freeze overnight instead so it's ready tomorrow?

Will it be too hard to serve tomorrow afternoon if frozen overnight instead of 2-3 hours like the recipe says?

asked by Margaux Ewen about 1 year ago

Bb305185 6b66 45c6 ac96 6204c9dd8a30  dsc09796
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

YAY This is the best pie, in my humble opinion. Yes, you can freeze it! Wrap it well, with plastic wrap snuggled up against its surface (and you cover with whipped cream and extra Oreo crumbs if there are any imperfections). I'd definitely let it warm up for a few minutes before you serve it—you could give it 20 minutes in the refrigerator, then if it's still too hard to slice, move it to the counter and monitor it closely.

3d99439c ba68 47d0 8203 cba4e2f7cd3d  fb avatar

Thank you so much! Happy Thanksgiving !