Pumpkin pie

Not firming up. Been in oven for almost 2 hours. I did fresh roasted purée and didn't drain or pre reduce. 😳

asked by Wynne McIntosh almost 2 years ago

Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm
Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm

Assistant Editor at Food52

Hi Wynne! There's a lot of things that could be happening here, including a super watery purée. Does your pie have eggs? What about the oven, does the temperature seem to be right?

Wynne McIntosh

Oven is working
Too watery, as stated
Any way to salvage?

Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm
Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm

Assistant Editor at Food52

My only thought, however I cannot vouch for its quality, is to turn it into a sort of custard pie. Pour off the filling, temper a couple of egg yolks, add the filling back, cook until it thickens, then add back to the crust. Here's a tutorial: https://food52.com/blog.... If this doesn't sound appealing to you, I might just get a pint of ice cream and call it a night. I hope this helps!