🔕 🔔

Lollipops browning before reaching hard crack straegy

Hi Food52 Hotline! I am making lollipops and my starts to brown before reaching hard crack phase. :/ I've tried multiple times and it keeps happening. I'm using cane sugar, tapioca syrup and a bit of water. Any suggestions would be so appreciated! Thank you!!!!

asked by lajuliaficationdumonde 3 months ago
E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I could guess a few things... Tapioca syrup can brown easily if the dextrose equivalence is high... is that what's called for in the recipe? Maybe try another recipe that only uses sugar? http://www.foodnetwork...

The same thing happened to me when I was making sugar "sea glass" to decorate a wedding shower cake. It had a brown tinge even with the blue food coloring, and I tried multiple times:( My recipe was sugar only, so Id like the answer to this as well.