How to change braise cooking steps for boneless, skinless chicken thighs? Alternate recipes?

One of the main meat dishes of my holiday dinner tomorrow night was going to be a Moroccan braised chicken thighs with dried fruits, but my dad purchased a huge amount of boneless, skinless chicken thighs "since the skin on chicken thighs weren't organic!!!!" he said. -_-;;;

How would I change the steps of this braise?
Would the braise still work with minimal chicken texture issues? Do not want dry or stringy chicken!
If the braise would not be that great even with changes to the braise steps, do you have recipe recommendations that go with my Middle Eastern/Persian/North African/Traditional Jewish foods themed dinner? Already doing grilled lamb with pom molasses glaze, and a BBQ style brisket a la Mighty Quinns (lol, I know, seems odd... but mm BBQ brisket is always great) as the other meat main courses, so are there any saucey boneless, skinless chicken thigh dishes you can think of?

Thanks!!

• Posted by: E
  • December 24, 2016

Lindsey
Lindsey December 24, 2016

Unless you can change the recipe to add the chicken at the end and poach it instead of braising, I would be apprehensive about cooking boneless chicken breasts for an extended period of time.

What about Doro Wat, an Ethiopian chicken stew? I did a cursory google search and found several recipes that call for boneless, skinless chicken breasts. With the caveat that I haven't made these recipes here are some ideas to get you started:
http://www.daringgourmet.com/2013/08/27/doro-wat-spicy-ethiopian-chicken-stew/

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/250402/ethiopian-spiced-chicken-stew/

If you have time, the Ethiopian flat bread injera would be a great accompaniment and fairly traditional. (It is my understanding that injera is more commonly eaten with everyday meals than with celebratory ones).

Note to Editors: Are links to other sites permitted?

E
E December 25, 2016

Thank you for the help! I actually have thighs though, which are apparently still quite forgiving even without the skin and bones. The Ethiopian recipes look great, I will have to bookmark them to try another time.

I believe links to other sites are permitted, I've seen a lot of responses sharing outside links.

Leith Devine
Leith Devine December 25, 2016

Boneless thighs or breasts? If he got thighs you can still make your original recipe, it will just take less time to cook. I'd leave extra time to reduce the sauce, because the chicken will be done sooner. I make a similar recipe.

E
E December 25, 2016

Boneless, skinless thighs! Normally, if it was just for myself or very close loved ones, I wouldn't mind messing up. Since this is a large gathering at my parent's home, I wanted to make sure the things I make are up to par. Thank you so much for the help! :)