A question about a recipe: Lynne Curry's Prime Rib with Mustard and Herb Butter

C4d2e120 ae4a 475b 8fe6 d349d5b0354e  mustard herb butter prime rib food52 mark weinberg 14 11 18 0492

I have a question about the recipe "Lynne Curry's Prime Rib with Mustard and Herb Butter" from Genius Recipes. For the reverse-sear technique to roast a boneless prime rib: after the final sear, is there no need to let that roast rest before slicing and serving? Thx!

asked by Andrea Davis almost 2 years ago

former Community Editor

Hi Andrea, step 5 notes that if there wasn't an earlier rest between roasting and searing, then you should let the roast rest for 15 to 20 minutes (otherwise you're good to go ahead and slice and serve with the mustard butter!).

Leith Devine
Leith Devine

Leith is a trusted home cook.

Always rest to let the juices redistribute!