🔕 🔔

i received especially from puglia olive oil as a gift. How do I store it?

I received especially puglia Olive oil. How should I store it?

asked by Louis Pescatore over 1 year ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

Check out this post, which includes tips for storing olive oil: https://food52.com/blog...

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

In a cool, dry place. Olive oil will lose its unique flavors in a fairly short time. It's not wine. Figure shelf life of one year.

If it is fresh--i.e. made this past fall, don't store it! Use it now!

If you are curious at all, look for the letters DOC or DOP on the lable. That indicates denomination of origin. In other words it is not blended with other oils from outside Puglia.