My fresh white alba truffle turned black. Is it inedible?

I purchased it from food52 and delivery left it outside my door causing it to freeze. Help!

asked by Grant Melton almost 2 years ago

Rebecca Salisbury
Rebecca Salisbury

Rebecca is Food52's Director of Customer Care

Hi there Grant. Oh dear, I'm so sorry. I've never experimented freezing and thawing truffles before though by the sounds of it, if the flesh has turned black it might not be salvageable at this point. We can, however try to initiate a UPS claim for the damaged goods.

I know our White Truffles are out of stock since they are out of season but I would love to correct this for you. Would you please email [email protected] when you have a moment so we can get this all straightened out for you? Again, so sorry for all of this. Looking forward to connecting!

Rebecca