🔕 🔔

I would like to make Beignets this weekend for a dinner party but don't want to spend the whole time in the kitchen. How long in advance can I make the dough? Can I fry them in advance and then warm them in the oven?

asked by Madame Sel over 6 years ago

Coincidence, but I'll be making beignets this weekend for my "Valentine's Day in the Vieux Carre'". You can make the dough the night before and keep it refrigerated (or early in the morning). But it really is best to fry them just before serving and hit them confectioners sugar. Have some chicory coffee standing by.

2269774e 64e7 47ec 8fb3 d6fb03cce199  debbykalk photo

Puffy, warm beignets should be doused with powdered sugar and served immediately. They lose their charm pretty quickly after that.