🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Persian Eggplant Stew // Khoresh Bademjan

86e9bd97 3981 475d 9d2c f03ad3323520  stew

I have a question about the recipe "Persian Eggplant Stew // Khoresh Bademjan" from Alexandra Dawson. Do I include the rose water in the dish? Or just remove the saffron and put it in?

asked by KTF 4 months ago

Don't take the saffron threads out! They add flavor and a nice red/orange colour to the liquid. Not to mention, they are expensive to begin with! A few threads go a longggkggg way! I would add in the rose water liquid in the end after the stew is cooked.

From the author's headnote, she clearly intends both the saffron and rosewater to be in the dish. However, yes, the directions omit when to add them.
Probably best place (both from this recipe and others for the same dish) is what's here step 3, assembling the aromatics, spices and liquids for the sauce.