🔕 🔔

can I prep scones day before and bake on day of brunch? Will the cream cheese spread for tea sandwiches be ok overnight as well?

asked by @pamcakes101 over 6 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

The cream cheese will be fine (in the fridge of course) - and I THINK the scones will too but Mrs Larkin really needs to weigh in on that one

94d3d922 0c09 4916 9398 e8dc022fa2d0  lobster 001

Thanks to mrslarkin I've been making scones and freezing them then baking them on the day I need them. They bake up fresh tasting and it's so easy. The cream cheese spread will be fine over night in the fridge.

408bd5eb a67c 4b1f b35c 4fd20f1968bd  party6

Can I leave the scones in the fridge overnight and bake in the AM?

Ec30261f e677 492c 9ab6 670678db31fd  dscn3372

For the scones, you can mix the dry ingredients and cut the butter in, then cover tightly and refrigerate it overnight and add the liquid in the morning and shape and bake them. IF you want to shape them, freeze them as nannydeb recommends. The cream cheese spread will be fine in the fridge overnight.

9142cfce 8a8d 4b50 a71a 180e350c48c4  100 1445

Definitely freeze then bake -- you'll feel so much more relaxed the day of if you don't have to worry about making them.

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

whoa, i'm late to the scone party again! Good job, gang!

I always freeze my uncooked scones prior to baking. That way, you can make them way ahead and just pop them in the oven whenever you need.

If it's a matter of not having freezer space to do this, I think they would be fine in the fridge overnight (but wrap them well.)

The spread will be fine in the fridge, too. But bring it to room temp for a little bit or it will be hard to spread.

Have a fun party!! I heart tea parties so much. ;)

Fc23ea4b 9ae1 494e 8a6f ba43f6488062  me by barbara tyroler

Freeze, as above, and yes. Be sure to take the cream cheese out to soften before serving. You're not making it with garlic, are you? I think it would get too strong overnight.