Making V-day cookies. The kind where you do a cut-out of one and then make a sandwich with jam--question is, do you put on the jam and sandwich the cookies before or after baking. The recipe isn't clear (damn you, Martha Stewart).

asked by mklug over 7 years ago

coconutlime

I've done it both ways. An advantage to using it after baking is that it won't melt and scorch.

Splash of Something

I'm planning to make these for Valentine's Day, too! According to this Martha recipe (http://www.marthastewart...), you bake the tops and bottoms first, then spread the jam and sandwich them together afterward.

jwolfsthal

bake, spread, sandwich.

MaryMaryCulinary

Bake the rounds and cut-out rounds first, then cool and sandwich them with jam.

Laura_K

Linzer cookies are great! I actually bought new cutouts for them today! As posted, bake, spread, sandwich! Enjoy!