Pickling eggs: have you tried anything fun?

Hi all! I'm wanting to pickle eggs and am wondering if anyone has experience with less-usual pickle additions (beyond beet and turmeric)? All ideas and advice appreciated! Thank you.

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

asked over 1 year ago

savorthis

I love tea eggs and usually use the smokey lapsang souchong for mine. I think modifying that typical mixture by adding some vinegar would be great.

Gayle Arendt

There are 2 on this website. One calls for wasabe and the other jalapenos. I've made hot pickled eggs before, and they're VERY tasty.

Gayle Arendt

Forgot the website:
http://www.thekitchn.com...

I haven't tried ginger root but since it makes EVERYTHING better I think that would apply to eggs as well - I would do a ginger / beet / something spicy route. Now I want that.