🔕 🔔

Pickling eggs: have you tried anything fun?

Hi all! I'm wanting to pickle eggs and am wondering if anyone has experience with less-usual pickle additions (beyond beet and turmeric)? All ideas and advice appreciated! Thank you.

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

asked 6 months ago

Fca4e46d 262a 416c 8ce5 316470249de2  565101 1406091363 1702312332 n

I love tea eggs and usually use the smokey lapsang souchong for mine. I think modifying that typical mixture by adding some vinegar would be great.

Ee4452f2 ae77 446c afca 9b303df0931f  stringio

There are 2 on this website. One calls for wasabe and the other jalapenos. I've made hot pickled eggs before, and they're VERY tasty.

Forgot the website:
http://www.thekitchn.com...

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I haven't tried ginger root but since it makes EVERYTHING better I think that would apply to eggs as well - I would do a ginger / beet / something spicy route. Now I want that.