The exclusive Italian nonstick from Ballarini the pros swear by. Shop now »
🔕 🔔

Just picked up some smoked cinnamon from Anna Sortun's shop Sofra. Has anyone used it in a sweet or savory dish? Will the smokiness 'speak' if used in a quickbread?
Thanks.

asked by porchapples about 6 years ago
401c5804 f611 451f a157 c693981d8eef  mad cow deux

Personally I'd go with savory. Say a ragu flavored with crushed cinammon and also juniper berries as well as some rosemary.

94044828 d989 4cb6 bb8c 0aa3b3325df6  caramels 3

I bought the same stuff at Sofra and used some of it to make smoked cinnamon marshmallows. It's a little chunky as is, so I ground it down to a fine powder and then added a couple of teaspoons to the marshmallow as it was beating, and also added just a touch of smoked salt to enhance the smokiness. Finally, I added some of the smoked cinnamon to the powdered sugar I rolled the finished marshmallows in. The smokiness definitely came through.