🔕 🔔

salt & herbs nuts

How do I get the rosemary, lemon zest and sea salt to stick to my roasted nuts? I did it the first time I ever made them, no recipe and now, no matter what I can't replicate. They just aren't so great when all the herby salty goodness falls to the bottom of the bowl. You should do an article on it!

asked by Tamara Mahoney Kneisel 7 months ago

Are you tossing the nuts with some sort of oil or liquid before seasoning them? That may help everything adhere. You could also consider using a whisked egg white just to coat the nuts so the herbs and salt stick.

966057f6 5760 4c46 80a5 f0eca0f6a82d  2012 07 02 13.52.00

I toss the nuts in whipped egg whites in a colander so they don't get too wet. I then add the spices. The egg whites do not leave a flavor, they just glue the spices to the nuts perfectly!