🔕 🔔

Russ Parson's turkey: directions say to re-apply the seasoning once a day. Does that mean mix up more salt & herbs, & re-apply two more days?

It seems like a lot of salt. My turkey is almost 12 lbs, so I used 2 T. yesterday to start, I think, some rosemary, and lemon & orange zest. Should I keep mixing up that same amount?

asked by Denise Spooner 11 months ago

0fecd8f8 6ef1 4649 9f57 83bf4668f3d0  3572
Erin McDowell

Baking consultant at large at Food52, and author of The Fearless Baker (Fall 2017)

Nope! Just redistribute the salt you already added every day - if you remember. Kristen Miglore told me if you don't, it still works great!

Thanks so much! Love you guys and here's wishing everyone at Food52 a lovely holiday from everyone here in the Golden State.