🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Strawberry Balsamic and Olive Oil Breakfast Cake

91d5e695 fedb 4d29 adbe c1e1579fcdc3  v cake

I have a question about the recipe "Strawberry Balsamic and Olive Oil Breakfast Cake" from indieculinary. Hello I am writing from Italy where we do not use baking powder. For cakes we use 16 gr dosage of raising powder containing, among other things, dysodic dyphosphate, acid sodium carbonate, corn starch. Each 16 gr dosage is supposed to be used for 500 gr of flour? Can you tell me how I cam convert your baking powder into my raising powder? Thank you so much in advance

asked by Monica 9 months ago

B9263c85 3b68 4dcb a276 2e9f04c57469  my haircut

Hi Monica, I'm not familiar with raising powder or some of the ingredients within it, such as dysodic dyphosphate, so I'm not sure I can advise you on a good substitution ratio. Baking powder is made of baking soda and cream of tartar (1 part baking soda to 2 parts cream of tartar), so if you have access to those two ingredients, you can make your own. But what might be even easier is to just order baking powder online--I checked Amazon Italy and it looks like you can have baking powder on your doorstep for about 7 Euros. A can will last you a while, and you'll probably find it convenient when making other American-written pastry recipes, too. Good luck! https://www.amazon.it/Doves...