🔕 🔔

Can you zest a Clementine? I'm making chocolate-orange Madeleines, which I've done before (they're basically amazing), but I don't have any normal oranges on hand and I'm not sure what Clementine zest will taste like.

asked by esti_brennan over 7 years ago

Yep. Tastes a bit more tangeriny, but similar to orange zest.

nutcakes

Yes, use it--it's lovely. Think tangerine zest.

Savorykitchen

Agree - it's yummy, and to my taste, more interesting than orange. The only thing to watch for when you're zesting is to go lightly and not go too far into the pith. The zesty layer is much thinner and the skin can rip pretty quickly if you're overzealous (voice of experience here).

cookeatread

Yup! It's easier to zest cold fruit so you might want to stick them in the fridge first. (It's easier to juice room temperature, though.)

We did it this week for the clementine pound cake: http://www.food52.com/recipes.... Delicious.

innoabrd

Definately, I use it all the time!