🔕 🔔

Can you zest a Clementine? I'm making chocolate-orange Madeleines, which I've done before (they're basically amazing), but I don't have any normal oranges on hand and I'm not sure what Clementine zest will taste like.

asked by esti_brennan over 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Yep. Tastes a bit more tangeriny, but similar to orange zest.

Yes, use it--it's lovely. Think tangerine zest.

2fc558a8 bd7d 4d57 9ed4 e14a7fcea429  fb avatar

Agree - it's yummy, and to my taste, more interesting than orange. The only thing to watch for when you're zesting is to go lightly and not go too far into the pith. The zesty layer is much thinner and the skin can rip pretty quickly if you're overzealous (voice of experience here).

Yup! It's easier to zest cold fruit so you might want to stick them in the fridge first. (It's easier to juice room temperature, though.)

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

We did it this week for the clementine pound cake: http://www.food52.com/recipes.... Delicious.

Definately, I use it all the time!