🔕 🔔

What can I make using boneless chicken breast, brussels sprouts, and russet potatoes?

I have those 3 main ingredients. Not sure what I could make. Something a bit on the fancy side as I have a date coming later. I also have a cheap white wine I could make a sauce with. I also have cream. Basil, lemon, oranges... I have basically a staple kitchen. I do need to get rid of the following things: Oranges and shallots

Anything helps! Thank you so much!

asked by Hans 7 months ago

Peruvian creamy potatoes ( a la huancaina), steam or roast the broccoli, grill the chixken and use the cream sauce you prepare for the potatoes on everything.
Crispy fry the shallots to make a garnish for the chicken.
Use the oranges, lemons, even the basil to make a white wine sangria (in a nice pitcher or carafe) and you have a meal!

On second thoughts, leave the sauce for the potatoes only.
Let the flavors of the roasted chicken and broccoli shine on their own, with the shallots as a garnish for the chicken and some grated orange zest on the broccoli.

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

I'd probably try to marinade the chicken in citrus juice, use some of the zest as well and roast. Deglaze the pan with the white wine to make a nice pan sauce.

I would roast the brussels sprouts, maybe with some of the shallots.

As for the potatoes, I'd try to make a gratin with the cream. Adding caramelized shallots would be a possibility (I'd use some of the wine to help caramelize the shallots).

Lots of ways to use this simple group of limited yet flexible ingredients. Mostly up to you on what you want the end product to be.

9ecc4358 bcbe 4b4b 902e 16e8a2541778  318335 10150264005866526 1237581 n

Poulet à l'orange(there is no food52 recipe for it), https://food52.com/recipes..., https://food52.com/recipes...