🔕 🔔

I would like to make candied orange slices

I can do orange peels successfully but I'd like the glossy whole or half slices of confisserie. I have followed all the recipes I can find none of them result in the attractive, glossy, stable, dry finish that makes it possible to chocolate dip them and serve them.

I believe I need a recipe with specific instructions for the temperature of the sugar syrup and I've been unable to find that.

Thanks in advance.

asked by Lorraine over 1 year ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Try Alice Medrich's method! https://food52.com/blog...

Thank you for that thought but I've mastered candied peels.

I'm trying to do whole slices with the fruit AND I would like the glaze to be shiny and dry enough to be suitable for dipping in chocolate rather than rolled in sugar.

Oh I'm sorry, I read too quickly. I'll keep looking to see if I can find anything for you!

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

Lorraine, my only thought is that corn syrup may be required. I don't know if your recipes have had that ingredient.