🔕 🔔

Mocktails

I am serving a Sunday supper to friends tomorrow with an Italian menu - Pappardelle with the Pork Sugo from this site, herbed garlic bread and a tricolore salad with a lemony vinaigrette, and my Bergamot olive oil ice cream for dessert. Will have red wine for the table. One of my guests is pregnant, and another abstaining from alcohol for Lent. Any ideas for non alcoholic beverages that would go with the menu? I'm a sparkling water girl myself, but something more festive for guests would be a treat. Thanks!

asked by Emily | Cinnamon&Citrus 7 months ago

A couple ideas...
Iced Earl Grey tea (picking up on your Bergamot note), topped up with soda & garnished with slices of blood orange.
Sparkling grape juice, served in champagne flutes with classic ģarnish (snall sugar cube doused with Angostura bitters)

2487144e c60d 4bdc b4cc 4af767a9ad96  img 6405

I love to serve sparkling water in champagne flutes with a thin slice of lime, lemon or orange. I've become fond of flavored vinegars added to sparkling water but this can be an acquired taste.