🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Neva Tee's Carrot Cake

0a17761e d49c 4caa aeab 35bf71d633f7  2017 0110 classic carrot cake recipe james ransom 070

I have a question about the recipe "Neva Tee's Carrot Cake" from Mary Catherine Tee. can I cut the sugar in this recipe? Would apple sauce work to sub half the sugar? What other ingredient do you suggest?

asked by chelsea30 8 months ago

F87eaa39 2e6e 40af 9c08 acc70a458a78  final 1412

Hi there, Chelsea! Here is a variation of the recipe I made using a combination of brown and white sugars and applesauce: http://sensetaste.com/nevas... (1/2 cup brown, 1/2 cup white, and 1 cup unsweetened applesauce). It worked beautifully when I tried it.