Make-Ahead - Roasted Garlic Cloves

Hi - I need to roast 36 peel garlic cloves (wrapped in aluminum foil with 3 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Salt) in the oven. I would like to do so in advance. Can I prepare, let cool and store in the refrigeration until service? If so, what's the best way to store it safely and how many days? I just need one day before. Thank you.

1 Comment

PieceOfLayerCake April 2, 2017

It should be fine for an entire day. When I make garlic confit, I make sure the cloves are completely covered in olive oil and I roast it at 200F for a few hours (until a knife pierces a clove easily). I then store the garlic in the oil, in the refrigerator for a couple weeks. I use the garlic for SO many things and the oil can be used in conjunction with the garlic or separately.

sexyLAMBCHOPx April 2, 2017

Great! I'll make and cover with olive oil and store in the refrigerator. When its time to use them and let them come to room temperature, pick them out and proceed with the recipe. Thank you!