🔕 🔔

Make-Ahead - Roasted Garlic Cloves

Hi - I need to roast 36 peel garlic cloves (wrapped in aluminum foil with 3 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Salt) in the oven. I would like to do so in advance. Can I prepare, let cool and store in the refrigeration until service? If so, what's the best way to store it safely and how many days? I just need one day before. Thank you.

asked 7 months ago

731da808 0ee6 4688 813c 05a2a7f1ca9b  16463817 10154453650334385 2720521257626860247 o

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

It should be fine for an entire day. When I make garlic confit, I make sure the cloves are completely covered in olive oil and I roast it at 200F for a few hours (until a knife pierces a clove easily). I then store the garlic in the oil, in the refrigerator for a couple weeks. I use the garlic for SO many things and the oil can be used in conjunction with the garlic or separately.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Great! I'll make and cover with olive oil and store in the refrigerator. When its time to use them and let them come to room temperature, pick them out and proceed with the recipe. Thank you!