🔕 🔔

Light cream cheese

Yesterday when putting groceries away I found a 12-oz container of light cream cheese that the clerk must have accidentally put in my bag. I'm not a fan of light cream cheese - does anyone know of any recipes that use a good amount of cream cheese, but the cream cheese isn't necessarily the star? Or recipes that do particularly well with light cream cheese? Sweet or savory is fine!

asked by Julie 5 months ago

one way to use it would be in dishes that already have a good amount of fat and flavor, so the lightness of the cream cheese will not dominate the taste.
Example: Seven layer dip, which also has sour cream, cheddar and olives.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe...
Or in cheesecake (sweet or savory) where the cream cheese is also dominated by other flavor ingredients.

- mashed potatoes
- potato gratin
- mix with salsa for a creamy dip
- whisk into a quick pasta sauce like this
https://www.budgetbytes...
- make black bottom cupcakes
- use on sandwiches instead of mayo

I would add it to brownies or something in baking where you add sugar to the cream cheese.