A question about a recipe: Leek & Bacon Deep Dish Quiche

I have a question about the recipe "Leek & Bacon Deep Dish Quiche" from My French Chef. Would it be possible to use sour cream instead of creme fraiche? I have all the other ingredients on hand.

F1388eb6 7098 42cb 92c0 12a67717dc03  leek bacon quiche 5396 3
Recipe question for: Leek & Bacon Deep Dish Quiche

Stephanie B.
Stephanie B. April 6, 2017

I don't think prevent the quiche from setting, might just taste a little different?

Stephanie B.
Stephanie B. April 6, 2017

Omg can't type: I don't think it would prevent the quiche from setting...

PieceOfLayerCake April 6, 2017

That would be just fine....I often prefer sour cream over crème fraîche as an ingredient in dishes, because it has a bit more of a tang. Just make sure it is full fat sour cream.

My French Chef
My French Chef April 7, 2017

Hi Savannah, Yes you can use sour cream instead of creme fraiche. But, you have to slightly change the proportion: 250ml of sour cream with 200ml of whole milk instead of 250ml of whole milk with 200ml of creme fraiche.
Because the sour cream contains about 20% of butterfat, so less than the creme fraiche (about 45%). The butterfat is needed to set the salted custard into the quiche. I hope you enjoy the recipe,
Best