Made a large layer cake for a party, have about 1/3 left--can I freeze being that I had already frozen the cake layers before icing/stacking/serving?

would it compromise it? I generally thought re-freezing baked goods is a no. Cake bakers? The cake is soo good, from Smitten's new book, and everyone loved it. I am loving it a bit too much the past 2 days since the party and want to either preserve it or give it away!

asked by Two Trays Kitchen 20 days ago

I'm advising against freezing even if the cake layers haven't been previously frozen. In my experience, the thawed frosting has a rather gross (sorry, can't think of a better descriptor). Take leftovers to the office and it will disappear in about 10 minutes.

I would freeze it if that was my ;eftovers.