i am going to make a #lasagna any good tips

asked by @techbuzz1 almost 8 years ago

In Italy, say Emilia-Romagna, the lasagne are far less heavily sauced than they are in the US. Say, thin layers of bechamel, sauce bolognese, maybe ricotta, and lasagna noodle (which means leaf) baked with a little crispness on the outside edge.

AmyW

I always use the no-boil noodles because 1) less fuss, 2) the results are always perfectly cooked al dente noodles.

Queen of Spoons

Lots of good choices for layers out there. It's an easy dish to make vegetarian. One hint is leave 15 minutes cooling time before serving. A) it will be much easier to dish out (assuming you make it casserole style, rather than individual servings); and B) You're much less likely to burn the heck out of your mouth.

nannydeb

Whatever sauce and ingredients your choose, it's very easy to build, cover, refrigerate and bake when you need it. Just pull it out of the fridge an hour or so before you plan to cook it. And letting it cool for about 10-15 minutes before serving will help when you go to cut it.

purpleravioli

Bechamel baby bechamel

Peanut

Try skillet lasagna! It's easy, quick, and doesn't require dirtying multiple bowls and pans. I just posted the recipe.