🔕 🔔

South American spices

My friends just got back from travelling around South America and brought back some herbs and spices for me, and I was after a bit of help identifying some of them because they'd already forgotten the names... Some of them are hard, bright red little pellet or seed looking things that have little dots in the side and a white interior when broken open. Any ideas what they might be?

asked by Hope 3 months ago

Annatto and jujube are the first to come to mind.
What size are they? Any smell/taste?

I just looked up pictures of annatto and that's exactly what it looks like! Thanks so much! Any ideas on how to prepare/use it?

Here's one link with some ideas...
https://www.thespicehouse...