What can I use to replace powdered coconut nut cream (vegan only please)

My recipe calls for 1/3 of a cup of powdered soy, coconut, or rice milk. I don't have access to any of these in Canada, and I'm baking tomorrow. I really need a substitute. Please help!

asked by cedar about 1 year ago

cedar

sorry when i said cream, I meant milk

could you let us know what you are making? Is the powdered coconut milk to be reconstituted with water? Is it an enrichment for a batter?

cedar

No, it's actually for a maple frosting for cupcakes

In Toronto; I've seen powdered soy milk in regular groceries, health food stores and bulk food chains.
Web search turns up same for dried rice milk.
Dried coconut milk is available at Walnart & Jamaican stores, maybe also at Indian ones
If none available to you locally or in time, use a fine nut powder if the recipe needs a dry ingredient or a soy, coconut or rice milk if a liquid one.

cedar

ok, thank you!