A question about a recipe: Pasta with Tomatoes, Garlic, Basil, and Brie

547d4b4b dfa0 494a 9415 04a97a103f05  20120804 food52 08 20 12 1466

I have a question about the recipe "Pasta with Tomatoes, Garlic, Basil, and Brie" from Merrill Stubbs. Any suggestions on what to serve with this?

asked by Rebecca over 1 year ago

Stephanie

For a lunch or light dinner, it could easily stand alone. If you are thinking picnic or larger dinner, you could grill some chicken breasts or pork chops. If you want to pair it with a side (or two) I'd suggest something green...
- Quickly sauteed green beans (sautee garlic and onion first for more flavor)
- A mixed greens and herb salad with balsamic and oil
- Grilled asparagus

Cheers!

Rebecca

Awesome! I was considering a simple mixed greens and herb salad with a little goat cheese and lightly glazed pecans. Many thanks! :)

Stephanie

And I just noticed that, in the recipe, the last line says, "Serve immediately with a big green salad."

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I like light, crisp, tangy salads/slaws with pasta. I like to shred up things like brussels sprouts, kale, fennel, shallot, blanched asparagus, green apple, etc....and toss it with a citrusy vinaigrette. Crisp and bright pairs well with carby and fatty.