A question about a recipe: Asian Eggplant Stir fry

I have a question about the recipe "Asian Eggplant Stir fry" from Rachel (Simple Seasonal). Why is tofu not listed in ingredient list?

• Posted by: Magenta
  • June 13, 2017
32f2015e c281 4f9b 88f7 9f9eca4aebd5  asian eggplant
Recipe question for: Asian Eggplant Stir fry

1 Comment

Susan W June 13, 2017

I looked at her recipe on her blog, but unfortunately she left it off of the ingredients list there as well. Recipes like this are quite forgiving, so I would use as much or as little as sounds right to you. She is quite detailed about her tofu technique, so that's good.

http://simpleseasonal.com/recipes/meal-types/entrees/asian-eggplant-stir-fry

Nancy June 14, 2017

The technique of pressing the tofu, in case it's new to you, makes a food with more texture than the usual. It can be used raw in salads, fried, baked or frozen.
So probably worth it to press all the tofu in the package you buy, use - as Susan W advises - as much or little as you want, then save the remaining pressed tofu for another meal.

Susan W June 14, 2017

I mostly stay away from soy, but tofu also browns beautifully when it's been pressed.