🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Asian Eggplant Stir fry

32f2015e c281 4f9b 88f7 9f9eca4aebd5  asian eggplant

I have a question about the recipe "Asian Eggplant Stir fry" from Rachel (Simple Seasonal). Why is tofu not listed in ingredient list?

asked by Magenta 6 months ago

I looked at her recipe on her blog, but unfortunately she left it off of the ingredients list there as well. Recipes like this are quite forgiving, so I would use as much or as little as sounds right to you. She is quite detailed about her tofu technique, so that's good.

http://simpleseasonal.com...

The technique of pressing the tofu, in case it's new to you, makes a food with more texture than the usual. It can be used raw in salads, fried, baked or frozen.
So probably worth it to press all the tofu in the package you buy, use - as Susan W advises - as much or little as you want, then save the remaining pressed tofu for another meal.

I mostly stay away from soy, but tofu also browns beautifully when it's been pressed.