What is the best way to grease 50+ pans in short amount of time?

I do not have the time or man power to grease 50+ baking pans. I need to find a faster way for this. The PAM sprays are not enough, we go through these little bottles so fast. If any one of you have a faster method or an idea on the oil sprayer, please do tell. Thanks!

asked by Natali over 1 year ago

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I've seen people use a paint atomizer for egg wash. I can imagine it would work nicely for oil, though I've never tried it. They're an investment, but if you're doing this on a regular basis, worth it. There are also baking sprays in larger quantities than the 5 oz. in PAM. Do you not have access to commercial purveyors or restaurant supply stores?

Coincidentally (or perhaps not quite)....I just came across an article that warns against using industrial paint sprayers for food service. Risks of BPA transfer are possible when using plastics not designed to come into contact with food. There are tools, however, specifically engineered to be food safe, though...so if that's something you're interested in exploring, make sure the sprayer is certified food safe.

If you don't have time or staff, consider equipment:
• parchment paper in pre-cut rounds or squares
• silicone liners.

I use a dollar store spray bottle with ratio of 3 oil to 1 water. You might lower the water ratio...but you need some water to let it spray well. Just shake it well before using.