Looking for a low-carb substitute for soy flour (no time to order from Bob's Red Mill).

Cookie recipe includes: 2/3 C sesame seeds, 1/3 C each soy flour, whole wheat pastry flour, 1/2 C butter, 1/3 sugar substitute, 1/2 tsp vanilla.
Not sure what unique properties soy flour brings to the table that need to be considered in a sub...?

asked by emf224 over 1 year ago

Beth

I assume it is high in protein. Maybe try pb2 powder peanut butter? It quinoa flour, it is high in protein.

emf224

Thank you. Hopefully I can locate one of those alternatives easier than the soy flour.

Would you use soy flour if you could find it? Bob's Red Mill has a presence in all the Whole Foods Markets that I know of.

emf224

I would. However, while they do carry Bob's Red Mill Products, none of the Whole Foods, Bristol Farms, Sprouts, Targets, or Walmarts near me carry soy flour (or Bob's Low-Carb Baking Mix either). Someone suggested coconut flour (which I can get at Trader Joe's). Do you think that might work?