how can I make a bar of chocolate with dried grapes inside it ?

as the title says

asked by Dlx Man about 1 year ago

1071292522

I don't know how much time/resources/effort/expense you want to put into your endeavor, however here is one way of doing this:

https://www.youtube.com...

I'm sure there are others. Perhaps others here will chime in with alternate suggestions.

Good luck.

Chocolate bark (not bar) is relatively easy & gives similar pleasure.
Melt chocolate your usual way (e.g., over boiling water), remove from heat, stir in solids, spead on baking sheet or pan lined with waxed or parchment paper. Chill a few hours. Break or cut into pieces.
If you want more detailed instructions, there are recipes & videos out there.

Dlx Man

lol I melted mine in microwave , I always do that don't have patient for water to boil and melt the chocolate

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

First, you have to find good quality chocolate....then you have to temper it. It takes a good amount of practice to temper properly (unless you get lucky). I would then source chocolate bar molds from either a local craft/baking store or online. Then I would pour tempered chocolate into the molds and carefully sprinkle dried grapes (raisins?) on top. I would probably chop them coarsely, but that's just me. I would then pour more chocolate on as needed to fill the molds. Let set at room temperature and wrap in greaseproof paper.

There are many more details to chocolate making....and I don't mean to be discouraging....but as a baker, I stay away from chocolate making for a reason. It's a finicky craft.

I bow to your professional experience, but/and have had good results (taste and texture) with making chocolate barks at home.

Bark is a good option....and that may be sufficient for Dix. I personally love bark and would much rather make that than a bar. But if he's truly looking to make a chocolate bar, then he/she may be a little disappointed. To get that snap and sheen of a good quality/professional chocolate bar, tempering is absolutely crucial. Some people really enjoy it....but its incredibly frustrating to master, in my experience. Other than cooking eggs, its the poster child for "simple but not easy".

Voted the Best Answer!

Dlx Man

Thanks for the answer but no way dude , a bar is clearly better than a bark because when you are eating a bar , you are eating chocolate itself along with little bit of extra stuff for better taste inside it , but when you eat a chocolate bark of any kind you are just eating something simply covered in a thin layer of chocolate (less chocolate) , so I melted my chocolate I usually use dark chocolate , I combined it with a bit of good quality honey then I smashed and crushed those dried grapes ( I dried them in oven as this site says http://www.seriouseats... only with a little more temp ) and the I mixed them with my chocolate and then put the mixture inside of a good template ( just for the shape ) , then into the fridge for sometime , it worked so well tho they were tasty ! speaking of baking I'm planning to make grape chocolate Croissants next time , and it's DLX btw :)

I'd rather EAT a bar....but I can't temper without wanting to throw the chocolate through the window...so I'd rather MAKE bark.

Now croissants....that's my wheelhouse. I can laminate like nobodies business! Let me know if you need pointers on that! (P.S. I'm embarrassed about the name mix-up....)

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

I agree with the bark idea. After making chocolate covered strawberries, I use the leftover chocolate and mix it with nuts and any dried fruit I have, pour it on a parchment lined cookie sheet and pop it in the freezer. Very easy.