🔕 🔔

Can I make crepe batter the night before I want to cook the crepes?

I would mix the batter, refrigerate it overnight, and cook them in the morning. Will it be OK?

asked by roryrabbitfield 10 months ago

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Actually, I think an overnight rest in the fridge is preferable to using the batter right after mixing it. I always do this. Crepe batter will benefit from at least a two-hour rest, but overnight is best.

Not only can you, but I highly recommend that you do. Your crepes will be lighter by far with an overnight rest.

Just curious...I never rest the batter. What will the difference be?