Can I make crepe batter the night before I want to cook the crepes?

I would mix the batter, refrigerate it overnight, and cook them in the morning. Will it be OK?

asked by roryrabbitfield about 1 year ago

cookbookchick

Actually, I think an overnight rest in the fridge is preferable to using the batter right after mixing it. I always do this. Crepe batter will benefit from at least a two-hour rest, but overnight is best.

Not only can you, but I highly recommend that you do. Your crepes will be lighter by far with an overnight rest.

Stephanie G

Just curious...I never rest the batter. What will the difference be?