What can I make in a short amount of time using chicken breasts, yams, and dried cranberries?

asked by hans 11 months ago

Another Chopped, at-home competition?

hans

Yes. :P I have an idea for the chicken and cranberries... I am going to cook the chicken in a pan and then create a sauce using the cranberries and deglaze it with some wine or something else... I just have no clue as what to do with the yams... I also need something else on my plate too besides yam, chicken, and cranberry sauce. :P

I would go in another direction.
I think a nice herbed roasted chicken could stand on its own.
For the yam and cranberries, make them into a salad using a combination of baby greens, some bitter ones (like watercress), discs or wedges of roasted yam, a vinaigrette and the cranberries as garnish. If you have some, add a few walnuts or pecans. The combination of fresh, sweet carb, sweet fruit, toasted nuts will be lovely.

Beth

http://www.skinnytaste...

Sub the squash for the yams, chicken for turkey. Could work!