Slow cooked chicken

I have put a 1.6kg chicken in slowcooker on high at 1:30 I will take it out and put in 200 degree oven for half an hour at 5:30 will it be cooked at 6?

asked by BethAny about 1 year ago

Angie

If you want the chicken to have a crispy skin you would likely want to finish it at a much higher temperature. Use a thermometer to know whether the inside is as cooked as it should be.

MMH
MMH

Yes for that very reason, why are you moving the chicken to the oven at a low temp?

Original poster described the chicken in kilograms, so I'm guessing the temperature is 200 degrees Celsius = 392 degrees Fahrenheit.

That's amply hot to crisp up the skin.

Angie

Ah that makes more sense. Thanks :)

BethAny

Chicken was perfectly cooked :) cooking it at 200 degrees fan forced to crisp it up has always been the perfect temperature for me that's why I stick to it. It works perfect :)