Cooking 12 pound brisket xtra slow at 200 (a la smoker style). Oven shut off overnight! Can I continue to cook or is meat rested and ruined?

When I woke up this morning I realized the oven had turned off automatically after 12 hours, leaving the meat sitting in a cooling oven. The internal temp of the meat at that point was at 123. I need it to be about 195-200. I turned the oven back on to 200 when I realized what happened, but I'm wondering if the cooling period will have ruined my brisket.

asked by Jeffrey A about 1 year ago

Jamil Gam

No, dry, dry, airless

Jeffrey A

While I appreciate your reply, I really don't understand what you're saying. Is the brisket ruined? OR is it okay to keep cooking to temp?

Cheryl R

Jeffrey, do not fret! Your brisket is fine. Continue cooking immediately to your desired level of "doneness".