🔕 🔔

Preserved Lemons in a recipe

I am making Braised Moroccan Chicken and Olives
By Sonali aka the Foodie Physician and do not have the preserved lemons. I do, howwver, have Meyer Lemons in the fridge. Thoughts?

asked by Madame Sel over 5 years ago

You could make a quick version of preserved lemons: http://www.nytimes.com...
Otherwise just use the zest from 2 Meyer lemons, though you'll potentially need to add more salt to the recipe.

nutcakes

Here is an even quicker recipe for mock preserved lemons from Jamie Oliver, if you don't have 3 hours. I remember making some quick ones like the Bittman recipe but massaging them and waiting for a shorter amount of time. Well worth it to try to get some lemon in there. You can always buy some at a Middle Eastern market if you have one handy. I do, and bought some Egyptian ones. They were different, but good.