🔕 🔔

Preserved Lemons in a recipe

I am making Braised Moroccan Chicken and Olives
By Sonali aka the Foodie Physician and do not have the preserved lemons. I do, howwver, have Meyer Lemons in the fridge. Thoughts?

asked by Madame Sel almost 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

You could make a quick version of preserved lemons: http://www.nytimes.com...
Otherwise just use the zest from 2 Meyer lemons, though you'll potentially need to add more salt to the recipe.

Here is an even quicker recipe for mock preserved lemons from Jamie Oliver, if you don't have 3 hours. I remember making some quick ones like the Bittman recipe but massaging them and waiting for a shorter amount of time. Well worth it to try to get some lemon in there. You can always buy some at a Middle Eastern market if you have one handy. I do, and bought some Egyptian ones. They were different, but good.