🔕 🔔

would sage clash with: sharp cheese w/dill, mozzarella, swiss? thinking quiche to use up sage and ends of cheeses. also may use squash & leafy greens?

asked by Raquelita over 6 years ago

I don't think it would clash too much with the dill, if that's what you mean. While sage is an unusual choice for quiche, it will be nice with the squash. Go for it if you like the flavor.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

Would Caesar clash with Pliny? Unless it's a low moisture mozza I would leave that out. Sage and dill are not really complimentary flavors, myself I'd choose one over the other and probably not dill.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I'd drop the dill and add thyme. Maybe some chicken sausage, or pancetta. Kale or chard, and mushrooms. With a Gruyere cheese.

2269774e 64e7 47ec 8fb3 d6fb03cce199  debbykalk photo

Sage lends a savory note, so anything savory, like sausage, as Sam1148 suggests, and the heavier greens. Dill has a brighter, lighter note. It goes nicely with quiche if it features a lighter squash, like zucchini.